Champions for Life!

Sunday, July 31, 2011

WAM

I was out on my run this morning and typically I don't see many people. I was headed out to the dirt roads of Bath... one of my favorite loops to run, Peacock Road. It ended up not being such a typically morning because I think I set a record for saying high to people this morning. For about 2 miles heading out on Upton road there were a few hundred road bikers coming at me. I had to run on the other side of the road because there were so many. I probably ended up saying hi to over 20-30 bikes, and another 10 or so head nods.

When I got home I had to look up what was going on... and that is what I wanted to share. Just another cool event to keep in mind as you get older and are looking for new challenges to conquer. A 300 mile bike ride from Traverse City to support the Make-A-Wish Foundation. More information on the Wish-A-Mile (WAM) event can be found HERE. The map of the 300+ mile ride is HERE.

No comments: